This course will teach you the fundamental principles of identifying risk and implementing security controls and help you to progress a career in IT security administration. It will prepare you to take the CompTIA Security+ exam by providing 100% coverage of the objectives and content examples listed on the syllabus. Study of the course can act as groundwork for more advanced training.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Identify network attack strategies and defences.
- Understand the principles of organisational security and the elements of effective security policies.
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products.
- Identify network – and host-based security technologies and practices.
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced.
- Describe the standard and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.